Masterclass In Schema Therapy For Borderline Personality Disorder & Complex Trauma, Singapore, March 28th & 29th
March 28, 2019 @ 9:00 am - March 29, 2019 @ 5:00 pm
Schema Therapy for BPD & Complex Trauma
This two day masterclass focuses on Schema Therapy for developmental trauma, incorporating Interpersonal Neurobiology, The Polyvagal theory, Somatic Psychotherapy, bottom up and top down regulation and the phases of intervention.
Training Objectives Include:
- A focus on experiential and Emotion Regulation techniques in Schema Therapy to use in session with reference to the three phases of treatment, i.e., Bonding & Regulation, Schema Mode Change & Autonomy.
- Understanding the three phases of treatment (bonding and regulation, mode change and building autonomy)
- Using experiential and emotion regulation techniques
- Cognitive, Experiential, Behavioural Pattern Breaking for this clinical population will be discussed in detail, including the importance of Safety & Stabilisation before the use of Schema Mode Change Techniques.
- Understanding Flight, Fight and Freeze responses, bypassing coping modes by building therapeutic presence
- Limited reparenting when working with child modes using connection,co-regulation and self regulation
- Incorporating ideas from Polyvagal theory, (Porges, 2016), Interpersonal Neurobiology (Segal, 2000), Somatic Psychotherapy (Fisher & Ogden, 2015) and Stages of Treatment (Ford & Cortois, 2000) when applying Schema Therapy Techniques.
For More Information on this training in Singapore please visit Elephant Therapy & Training