Schema Therapy Advanced Techniques: Working with Rigid, Avoidant, Grandiose and Impulsive Clients; ONLINE CERTIFICATION TRAINING
September 4 @ 9:00 am - September 18 @ 1:30 pmA$599.00
This 3 morning workshop is the last of the curriculum for certification training in Individual Schema Therapy offered by Schema Therapy Institute Australia.
This workshop will focus on extending clinician skills with difficult to treat client groups including treatment of:
- Cluster C, specifically OCPD, Dependent &, Avoidant Personality Disorders
- Cluster B, specifically Narcissistic & Antisocial Personality Disorders
- Overcompensating Clients & specific “Fight Coping Modes” i.e., Overcontroller, Bully Attack & Self-Aggrandizer
- Working with the specific child modes found in these presentations that can result in addictive and impulsive behaviours (using Imagery and mode role plays)
- Advanced imagery techniques and mode dialogue work incorporating Healthy Adult Mode
- Self-Care and Reflective Practice in working with this difficult to treat Clinical Population
Includes recorded session with expert on Narcissism Wendy Behary on how to bypass strong Detached Protector Coping Modes found in these difficult to treat patients.
Training Dates and Details:
Training is offered in September over a three week period and there will be in between session tasks to consolidate learning. The dates and times are as follows:
WEEK ONE: Friday September 4th 9am to 1.30pm
WEEK TWO: Friday September 11th 9am to 1.30pm
WEEK THREE: Friday September 18th 9am to 1.30pm
Certification hours include: 8 Didactic & 5 Dyadic hours
- To be monitored when completing dyadic exercises as in live workshops
- You arrive on time and do not leave early (10 minute grace is acceptable)
- You do not engage in other activities that are not related to the training
- You are willing to make up for lost learning should there be a technological problem
Facilitators are Dr Rita Younan and Ruth Holt, both Advanced Schema Therapists and Trainers in Individual Schema Therapy
Training is offered via Zoom Platform; the training link and pre-reading materials will be emailed one week prior to the event.
The total for the two day workshop is $499* until August 4 2020 Early Bird, $599 thereafter*
Please note cancellations can be made up to one month prior to the workshop, otherwise cancellations are 50% if the registration fee. All cancellations incur a $50 administration fee.