Schema Therapy for BPD/Complex Trauma: ONLINE CERTIFICATION TRAINING
March 17 @ 8:30 am - March 31 @ 1:30 pmA$549
This Schema Therapy training for developmental trauma, incorporates Interpersonal Neurobiology, Polyvagal theory, Somatic Psychotherapy, bottom up and top down approaches and phases of intervention. The training includes 3 mornings over a three week period.
Training Objectives Include:
- A focus on experiential and Emotion Regulation techniques in Schema Therapy to use in session with reference to the three phases of treatment, i.e., Bonding & Regulation, Schema Mode Change & Autonomy.
- Understanding the three phases of treatment (bonding and regulation, mode change and building autonomy)
- Looking at the typical mode conceptualisation for this treatment population
- Using experiential and emotion regulation techniques
- Cognitive, Experiential, Behavioural Pattern Breaking for this clinical population will be discussed in detail, including the importance of Safety & Stabilisation before the use of Schema Mode Change Techniques.
- Understanding Flight, Fight and Freeze responses, bypassing coping modes by building therapeutic presence
- Limited reparenting when working with child modes using connection,co-regulation and self regulation
- Incorporating ideas from Polyvagal theory, (Porges, 2016), Interpersonal Neurobiology (Segal, 2000), Somatic Psychotherapy (Fisher & Ogden, 2015) and Stages of Treatment (Ford & Cortois, 2000) when applying Schema Therapy Techniques.
- This is the second workshop in the certification series for accreditation in Schema Therapy provided by Schema Therapy Institute Australia;
- Certification hours include: Didactic Hours 9, Dyadic Hours 5
*A working knowledge of Schema Therapy and the Mode Model is recommended
A Pre-recorded discussion with leading experts Joan Farrell and Ida Shaw, on common obstacles and pitfalls when working with this clinical population will be included.
Training Dates and Details:
Training is offered in March 2021 over a three week period and there will be in between session tasks to consolidate learning. The dates and times are as follows:
WEEK ONE: Wednesday March 17th 8.30am to 1.30pm
WEEK TWO: Wednesday March 24th 8.30am to 1.30pm
WEEK THREE: Wednesday March 31st 8.30am to 1.30pm
Who is eligible to attend:
- To be monitored when completing dyadic exercises as in live workshops
- You arrive on time and do not leave early (10 minute grace is acceptable)
- You do not engage in other activities that are not related to the training
- You are willing to make up for lost learning should there be a technological problem
Online training fee is $549 early bird before February 25th 2021 or $649 thereafter; please pay via the website.
Training is offered via Zoom Platform; the training link and pre-reading materials will be emailed one week prior to the event.
For more information please email: email@example.com
Please note cancellations can be made up to one month prior to the workshop otherwise the cancellation is 50% of the registration fee. All cancellations incur a $50 administration fee.