Schema Therapy for Chronic Axis 1 Disorders, Canberra: An Introductory Workshop
February 21, 2020 @ 9:00 am - February 22, 2020 @ 5:00 pm$649.00
Schema Therapy for Chronic Mood Disorders with: Dr Rita Younan & Ms Ruth Holt
There is growing research on the effectiveness of Schema Therapy for chronic depression and some early work on other treatment resistant mood disorder presentations. This two day workshop will cover Schema Therapy formulation and treatment approaches for working with these presentations, including case studies, demonstrations and opportunities to practice skills. Specific topics include;
- Schema Therapy models for Chronic mood disorders like Depression and Anxiety
- Schema Therapy for other Chronic Axis I Disorders like OCD & Eating Disorders
- Dealing with challenging client in session behaviours, like hopelessness
- Experiential techniques to address early adversity and schema development
- Assisting clients to build networks of support through behavioural pattern breaking
- Schema self-therapy to avoid compassion fatigue
- Certification hours include: Didactic Hours 9, Dyadic Hours 4
Workshop fee is $649 early bird before January 30th 2020 or $699 thereafter; please pay via the website.
Fee includes workshop materials, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note cancellations can be made up to one month prior to the workshop otherwise the cancellation is 50% of the registration fee. All cancellations incur a $50 administration fee.